Reflecting on God

​

Inspired by Psalm 103

“Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits.”
— Psalm 103:1-2

There are moments in life where words are not enough to express the gratitude we carry within our hearts. Moments where we simply kneel before God, not because we have everything figured out, but because we know the One who holds everything together.

Father, I give You thanks in the name of Jesus Christ for Your lovingkindness toward me, Your great mercies, and Your overwhelming goodness. Thank You for placing the love of God within me, allowing me to walk in Your love with wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.

Thank You for a faith that has never failed. A faith that has continued to grow in Your presence, through every season, every question, and every unknown.

Bless the Lord, O my soul.

Today I come before You because You are my God and my Father. I approach You with deep respect, honour, and gratitude. Even in moments where I do not understand, my confidence remains the same: I walk with a Father who knows all things, who created the heavens and the earth, and who formed every human being with purpose.

When I feel uncertain, when I do not know what tomorrow holds, I am reminded that I do not have to know everything as long as I have You.

As long as You are holding my hand, as long as You are walking with me, I am safe.

Because I have You.

Thank You for loving me first.

Psalm 103 reminds us that there are benefits found in walking with God. Not because we have earned them, but because He is a Father filled with mercy, compassion, and love.

“Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases.”
— Psalm 103:3

Thank You, Father, for forgiveness. Thank You for healing my body, my mind, and my heart. Thank You for restoring my spirit and refreshing me from within.

Thank You for redeeming my life from destruction and for surrounding me with Your lovingkindness and tender mercies.

“Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies.”
— Psalm 103:4

Your mercy overwhelms me daily. Not because I am perfect. Not because I have done everything right. But because You chose to love me as Your daughter.

Thank You for grace.

Thank You for fellowship with You, Jesus.

Thank You for provision, support, strength, and for the life You continue to build within me.

Thank You for bringing me out of darkness when I was lost and without direction, and for placing me into Your light. Your light gave my life meaning, purpose, love, joy, wisdom, and direction.

I am not Moses, but I thank You for making Your ways known to me.

I am not the children of Israel, but I thank You for revealing Your works and showing me Your faithfulness.

I am simply Your daughter — someone You created and brought into this world with purpose.

I know Your ways and Your thoughts are higher than mine. Your plans for me are greater than anything I could create for myself. And I look forward to walking with You through this journey called life, every day that You give me.

I do not want to make empty promises or speak words without meaning. But one thing I know:

I cannot live without You.

You complete me, my God.

Whether I understand what You are doing or not, I choose You. Whether I see the full picture or only the next step, I want to walk with You, Jesus.

Thank You for healing me in ways I never knew I needed healing.

Thank You for working through every part of my story — from my childhood until today.

Thank You for the freedom that can only be found in You. A freedom that has given me peace of mind, purpose, and a deep love that completes me.

“Slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.”
— Psalm 103:8

Thank You for Your mercy and grace.

Thank You that You do not treat me according to my sins or repay me according to my mistakes.

“He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.”
— Psalm 103:10

Instead, You have removed my transgressions and given me a new beginning.

The moment I chose change, You began transforming my heart, my mind, my actions, and my lifestyle. You allowed me to experience myself through Your eyes — the person You created me to become in Christ.

“As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions from us.”
— Psalm 103:12

Thank You for placing godly fear within me — a reverence that leads to wisdom, understanding, and a life aligned with You.

Godly fear is not about being afraid of You; it is about honouring You, trusting You, and allowing Your wisdom to guide every part of my life.

Thank You for removing the burdens of past generations and bringing new beginnings not only for me, but for my family and the generations connected to me.

You know our frame, Father.

You remember that we are dust.

“But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear Him, and His righteousness unto children’s children.”
— Psalm 103:17

Yet Your love reaches beyond our weaknesses. Your mercy leads us to repentance, and repentance leads us into transformation.

Thank You for placing Your desires within my heart and leading me to walk in the purpose You created for me.

May my obedience and faithfulness become a sweet offering before You — something that brings joy to Your heart.

Thank You for establishing me in You.

Thank You for favour and blessing.

Thank You for surrounding me and those I love with Your protection and guiding us according to Your perfect will.

“The LORD hath prepared His throne in the heavens; and His kingdom ruleth over all.”
— Psalm 103:19

All power, strength, authority, and dominion belong to You.

You are the God who reigns above all things.

So today, and for the rest of my life, I choose to bless Your holy name.

I choose gratitude.

I choose faith.

I choose You.

Bless the LORD, O my soul.

Glory be to the LORD my God.

Blessed be Your holy name.

Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never say never.

Do not be manipulated.

Let us pray